Shrewsbury North West Relief Road – Public Consultation 2017
- Period: 17 October 2017 - 08 November 2017
- Status: Closed
- Audiences: Everyone
- Topics: Traffic management, Transport, Asset management, Site development
- Type: Public
Since the last North West Relief Road (NWRR) consultation in 2010, Shropshire Council has been able to secure the delivery of the Oxon Link Road formerly part of the NWRR. This will connect Churncote Roundabout on the A5 bypass with the Holyhead Road near the Shelton water tower and facilitate delivery of the Shrewsbury West Sustainable Urban Extension development, north of the Welshpool Road. The Council is now preparing to submit a funding bid to take the remaining sections of the NWRR forward and is therefore taking the opportunity to remind stakeholders and Shropshire residents about the scheme and to get a measure of current opinion. The proposed alignment has not changed since 2010.
Public exhibitions are being held at the following venues:
- Shirehall reception, Shrewsbury - Tuesday 17 October, 5pm until 8pm
- The Darwin Shopping Centre (lower level), Shrewsbury - Friday 20 October, 2pm to 5pm
- The Darwin Shopping Centre, (lower level) Shrewsbury - Saturday 21 October, 10am to 5pm
- The Grange Youth Centre, Mount Pleasant Road, Shrewsbury - Monday 23 October, 2pm to 8pm
- Baschurch Village Hall, Eyton Lane - Tuesday 24 October, 4pm until 8pm
- Oxon Church Community Hall, Welshpool Road, Shrewsbury - Wednesday 25 October, 2pm to 8pm
Details of the proposed scheme can be viewed below. The full set of public consultation information boards are also attached to this page for downloading. Once you have read about the proposals please complete the online survey by 8 November 2017. Click on the get involved tab to access the survey.
We also have a short video on Youtube about the scheme which you can view by clicking on the link under related information. Please note that the road side lay-bys shown on the video are no longer proposed as part of the NWRR scheme.
Your views are not only welcome but important.
Paper copies of the consultation material can be viewed at:
- Shirehall reception, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury SY2 6ND; and
- Shrewsbury Community Hub, 1A Castle Gates, Shrewsbury SY1 2AQ
until the end of the consultation period.
If you would prefer to complete a paper copy of the questionnaire please contact WSP on 01743 501060.
We are creating some web pages with further information about this scheme. This will be updated as things progress and can be found using the link under the related information section of this page.
Having read all the information available, click on the green button to access and complete our short online questionnaire about the North West Relief Road.Go to the questionnaire »