Homeless now or at risk of homelessness within 56 days?
If you're homeless now or think you will be within the next 56 days you need to take action immediately. The Housing Options Team can act in a number of ways to help you remain in your home, or to assist you in finding alternative accommodation.
Please call us on 0345 6789 005. The earlier you make contact the better chance you have of being able to remain in your home.
If you're homeless we'll take a homelessness application from you. This will help us decide if we have a duty to rehouse you. If so, we'll also be able to offer you temporary accommodation whilst more secure accommodation is found.
Not everyone is entitled to be rehoused. Before reaching a decision, we must consider these five questions:
- Are you legally considered to be homeless?
- Do you have a right to live in the UK and are you eligible for assistance?
- Can you be classified as being in priority need of help?
- Are you homeless through no fault of your own? You can be disqualified from long-term help if the council decides you made yourself intentionally homeless.
- Do you have a local connection with the local authority area?
We'll look at each of these in detail, make enquiries and ask for evidence to help us make a decision. Once a decision has been made, you'll be provided with a letter outlining the decision and the reasons the decision was arrived at.