Shropshire Council

Contact us

Your social worker and personal adviser will provide you with their direct dial extension, mobile number and email address. If your social worker or personal adviser is unavailable, you can
contact the duty personal adviser who will help you: Leaving Care duty personal adviser - 01743 254590

You can email the leaving Care Team at:

If you need to urgently contact us during the evening, at night or at the weekend, contact our out of hours team on 01743 244197.

Postal address: The Leaving Care Team, The Vicarage, Shirehall, SY2 6ND.

Complaints and advocacy

We will always try to give a high standard of support. If you are unhappy with the service you have received, you might want to talk to someone you trust who might be able to help you sort the problem. This could be a parent, carer, key worker, personal adviser, social worker, designated teacher or an advocate. An advocate is someone who can help you to get your voice heard. They are separate from Children’s Services and work for you. Advocates will listen to you and help you to put your views and wishes across. If you need help or support in making your complaint, you can contact Coram Voice on
their freephone number 0808 800 5792, email them at or look at their website.

You may also want to give feedback about the following:

  • Anything good about the service you received
  • Any ideas which you may have about how we can do things better or do things in a different way

You are entitled to let us know if you are not happy and, if necessary, to make a complaint if you are not satisfied with the support you are receiving or feel that you have not been listened to

If you have tried to speak to someone or feel unable to and there is still a problem and you want to make a complaint, make a suggestion or give a compliment you can email us here: or phone 0345 678 9000.