Shropshire Council

Oswestry residents' on-street parking scheme

A residents' on-street parking scheme operates in permitted areas of Oswestry. Each eligible household is entitled to up to two permits and each permit can have up to two car registrations on it, which allow you to park within a designated on-street parking bay without restriction.

A permit won't guarantee you a parking space within the bay, nor will it guarantee that you'll be able to park directly in front of your property. All permits must be displayed at all times while the vehicle is parked using this concession.

This permit allows residents' of the following properties to park in designated parking bays in their area without restriction; all residents and businesses in the following areas need to display a permit:

  • Arundel Road: all residential properties
  • Ferrers Road: all residential properties including Chilton House
  • Lord Street: all residential properties
  • Willow Street
    • Willow Street: 96-125
    • Drill Hall Cottages: 1-2
    • Porkington Terrace: 1-5
    • Lisbeth Close: 5

Applying for a permit

How much is it?

Permits are currently free to eligible Oswestry residents.

Where do I apply?

  • In person:  the service of renewing or applying for residents permits is no longer available at customer service points
  • By post: using our application form. Currently only cheques and postal orders are accepted by this method
  • If unable to pay by cheque or postal order, please contact us

What do I need to provide?

You'll need to provide the following:

  • Proof of eligibility (current council tax account number)
  • Payment - if via post we can only accept cheques and postal orders
  • Completed application form - if sending the application through the post

If you're new to the address and can't supply any proof of residency documents, a solicitor's letter confirming a completion date or similar will be acceptable.

Visitors and carers

Residents can register visiting vehicles as part of the permit allocation per household. You don't have to own a vehicle or be its registered keeper. Residents can also register a carer's vehicle as part of their permit allocation. Alternatively, a non-resident carer may like to consider obtaining a waiver for health professionals.