Shropshire Council

Sutton Farm match days

A residents' on-street parking scheme operates in the Sutton Farm area of Shrewsbury during match days and events at the Greenhous Meadow Stadium. At these times only residents and their visitors displaying permits will be able to park on roads in the Sutton Farm area. Anyone who has parked without a permit may receive a penalty charge notice. These measures will only be operational during the hours of these events. Traffic signs indicating the periods of these restrictions are on all entrances to the controlled parking zone.

Each eligible household is entitled to up to two permits, and so that visitors can use the permits they're not vehicle specific. Motorcycles parked on the highway within the zone don't require a permit. The restricted zone applies to the following areas:

  • Ash Close
  • Beaumont Way
  • Broadway Close
  • Broseley Close
  • Burway Drive
  • Charlton Close
  • Coalport Drive
  • Condover Drive
  • Drayton Gardens
  • Faintree Avenue
  • Garmston Road
  • Hexham Way
  • Malvern Close
  • Mawley Close
  • Melrose Drive
  • Newport Drive
  • Prescott Close
  • Rowley Court
  • Rowton Road
  • Stretton Close
  • Sunny Bank Road
  • Sutton Road (Oteley Road to Sutton Way only)
  • Tilstock Crescent
  • Whitton Close

Applying for a permit

How much is it?

Permits cost £5 per year (please note a £5 administration charge will apply should you lose your permit or if you need to change the details on it).

Where do I apply?

  • In person:  the service of renewing or applying for residents permits is no longer available at customer service points
  • By post: using the application form. Currently only cheques and postal orders are accepted by this method
  • If unable to pay by cheque or postal order, please contact us

What do I need to provide?

  • Proof of residency - Current council tax demand; utility bill; rent/tenancy agreement(current and in the name and address of the applicant), or driver’s licence
  • Payment - if via post we can only accept cheques and postal orders
  • Completed application form - if sending the application through the post

If you're new to the address and can't supply any proof of residency documents a solicitor's letter confirming a completion date or similar will be acceptable.