Whitchurch residents' digital parking scheme
As of 11 February 2019, a residents' off-street parking scheme operates in Whitchurch Brownlow, Castle Hill, Newtown, Pepper Street and St John’s Street car parks. Each eligible household is entitled to apply for permits with one vehicle registered at any one time (eligible streets that qualify for a permit). A permit allows you to park within a designated car park without restriction. There is no limit to the amount of permits that can be purchased by eligible householders. However, there is a maximum number of permits available for each of the car parks, see below. Once this maximum has been reached, no further permits will be available until such a time as a permit expires or is cancelled.
Digital permits for these car parks are not valid for parking on-street or for any other car park other than your chosen designated car park. There is a limited number of permits available at each designated car park, and these are as follows:
- Brownlow - 9 residents permits
- Castle Hill - 9 residents permits
- Newtown - 17 residents permits
- Pepper Street – 5 residents permits
- St John’s Street – 11 residents permits
A digital permit won't guarantee you a parking space within the car park.
Applying for a digital permit
How much is it?
- Brownlow car park – permit costs £192 per year
- Castle Hill car park – permit costs £320 per year
- Newtown car park – permit costs £192 per year
- Pepper Street car park – permit costs £320 per year
- St Johns car park – permit costs £192 per year
Where do I apply?
Open an account to receive a PIN number for ease of accessibility for future transactions with Shropshire Council MiPermit portal.Apply now »
What do I need to provide?
To apply for a Resident’s parking permit, you'll need to provide the following:
- Proof of eligibility (current council tax account number)