Important information regarding current fraudulent activity in Shropshire
Commenting on an application - FAQs
How do I comment on a planning application?
Comments can be made online, just search for the relevant application in Public Access, and then click on the 'Comments' tab. Please note, you will need to register an account in Public Access before you are allowed to make a comment.
Comments submitted through this way will be automatically acknowledged and you can monitor updates on the application through our Public Access system.
How long do I have to comment?
There's a limited amount of time in which you can make comments. The statutory time given to neighbours to comment on an application is 21 days. It's very important to meet any deadline, or your comments may not be taken into account.
Will my comments be acknowledged?
Please note that due to the volume of comments received, it won't be possible to acknowledge your comments or respond to questions concerning an application.
However, once registered on the Shropshire Council Online planning Register, comments submitted will automatically be acknowledged to the registered email address. To Register or log in please follow this link https://pa.shropshire.gov.uk/online-applications/
How will my comments be used?
Representations will be kept on public files and may be included within written committee reports or read at public meetings of the committee. In addition, please be aware that any representations submitted will be published online. However, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, signatures, telephone numbers and email addresses will be removed.
Will I be notified about an application decision?
You can monitor the progress of an application online. You will first need to register your details in the system, which will then allow you to receive email notification about any updates on the application, including the final decision and any subsequent appeals which are lodged.
I'm having problems viewing an application - can you help?
If you're experiencing problems viewing the application files, or require any further assistance, please contact your local area office. The 'How do I contact my local area planning office' FAQ page under the general FAQ category tells you how.
What can I comment on?
Only material planning considerations can be taken into account. The Planning Portal has further information on what constitutes a material planning consideration. When commenting on an application you should be aware that the following areas are not considerations:
- nobody has a right to a view from their property. We can't control the effects of new development on the outlook from an existing property, except in the general case of residential amenity
- impact on the valuation of property
- the cost of a development is not a material consideration, and we have no jurisdiction to protect developers from expensive projects
- loss of trade or increased competition
- a personal interest or a civil dispute
- generally speaking, personal circumstances are not a material planning consideration
How will the application be determined?
Planning decisions are delegated for approval unless they raise issues which are significant or contentious. There are a series of triggers for referral, which are outlined on the application process page.
Will I be notified if an application is referred to a committee?
You can track the progress of an application online using the Public Access system. You will then receive an email notifying you of updates or decisions, including notification if an application is to be determined at committee.
Where is my local planning office?
Our team is based in five area offices:
- Shrewsbury: Shirehall, Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND
- Craven Arms: The Gateway, The Auction Yard, Craven Arms, SY7 9BW
- Bridgnorth: Cantern Brook, Stanley Lane, Bridgnorth, WV16 4SF
- Oswestry: Castle View, Oswestry, SY11 1JR
- Wem: Edinburgh House, New Street, Wem, SY4 5DB