Keep Shropshire Warm - energy saving advice
We promote energy conservation and energy efficiency in domestic properties, and work closely with our partners through the Keep Shropshire Warm (KSW) initiative.
The average household wastes £250 a year by not being energy efficient. Poor insulation, inefficient appliances and bad habits are costing you money. To counter this, KSW offers free and impartial advice on:
- Grants and discounts to help finance affordable warmth measures
- Energy efficiency
- A unique referral service to relevant key professionals and community groups who have regular contact with vulnerable households
- Relevant professionals and community groups training to recognise those vulnerable households living in fuel poverty or struggling to afford to heat their homes
- Benefit entitlement checks to enable income maximisation
- Management of local authority grants specific to affordable warmth measures
- Help for residents in assessing whether an ‘offer’ is genuine – particularly in relation to door-knocking or cold calling!
- Emergency funding is now available for low income households in a ‘no heat’ situation due to broken gas central heating systems
Specific help includes: