Park and ride - Shrewsbury
This site is located behind the Bicton Heath Co-operative and Vets 4 Pets. From the Shrewsbury bypass, turn on to the Welshpool Road heading towards Shelton Hospital, turn left at the junction directly after the traffic lights and continue towards the signed park and ride car park. The nearest postcode to the Oxon site is SY3 5AD (Bicton Heath Retail Park, Shrewsbury).
This site is located to the south of the Meole Brace Retail Park, close to Toys R Us. From Dobbies roundabout, turn towards Shrewsbury Town Centre. Continue along the Hereford Road to the next roundabout and take the third exit. Continue to the next roundabout and again take the third exit. Continue along the road towards the signed Meole Brace park and ride site. The nearest postcode to the Meole Brace site is SY3 9NB (Toys R Us, Shrewsbury).
This site is located next to the Tesco Extra store at Battlefield. Travelling from the Battlefield roundabout, take the exit towards Shrewsbury town centre. Continue along the A5112 until you reach a crossroads. Turn right at the junction and continue towards the roundabout. Take the second exit towards the signed park and ride site. The nearest postcode to the Harlescott site is SY1 4HA (Tesco Extra, Shrewsbury).
Car park information
All sites have some limited CCTV available. We are looking to gain funding to improve the service.
Oxon and Meole Brace car parks are closed and locked after the arrival of the last bus from the town centre at approximately 6:40pm.
Please note that on bank holidays these car parks are closed.
There is no overnight parking permitted. For any additional information please contact email@example.com. The site is locked by our bus operator after the last bus, and any vehicles left in the car park as the last bus leaves the site to return to the depot may find themselves locked in at the site.
Please, as you exit the bus, don't delay leaving the site, and just check with the driver. Users of the car park not using the service aren't permitted to park at this location without permission.
If you're locked in you will need to call us on 0345 678 9006 to ask a contractor to release your vehicle, in which case you'll be liable to pay the cash only £60 call out/lock in charge.
Cycle parking is available at the Meole Brace and Oxon park and ride sites.
About the bus
All buses have special low-floor access at the front, and are ideal for parents with pushchairs and people who are less mobile. Buses also have a ramp to enable access for wheelchair users.
Express buses run every 20 minutes from all sites to the town centre from Monday to Saturday. There's no service on Sundays or bank holidays. The first bus is at 7:20am from Monday to Friday and at 8am on Saturday. The last bus departs from the car parks at 6:20pm.
The first buses back from the town centre to the park and ride sites are at 7:30am Monday to Friday and 8:10am on Saturday. The last bus leaves the town centre at 6:30pm.
The service stops in the town centre, railway station, Castle Street, Dogpole, High Street, Shoplatch, Barker Street and Chester Street. Frankwell roundabout is served by the Oxon service only, and a stop on Old Potts Way is served by the Meole Brace service only.
Routes may be disrupted at times due to road closures or events - information will be supplied at bus shelters if relevant.
- English concessionary bus pass holders 80p return after 9.30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday
- All day parking when purchasing a ticket - free. Return bus fare - £1.60 (please note: £1.60 single fare for walking passengers)
- Group ticket - allowing up to five adults to travel after 9:30am Monday to Friday and all day Saturday - £2.50
- Accompanied children under 16 years - free
- Lost ticket fee - £1.60
- Students of Shrewsbury Colleges Group and Shrewsbury High School are eligible for a 50% discount Monday to Friday during term time. The return fare is 80p for students aged 16 or over on production of a valid student identification card
- Season tickets - pay on the bus to give you unlimited travel between the car park and the town centre - £6.40 per week, £24 per month
- Smart rider tickets - one day's unlimited travel on all park and ride services - £2.10
- Ten tripper tickets - ten return trips between the car park and the town centre, valid for three months - £14.40
Please note that all season, multiple trip and group tickets are only valid when parking a vehicle at the designated park and ride sites.
Dogs are allowed on the park and ride buses at the discretion of the drivers.