Community enablement teams
Our community enablement teams work with, and for, people in local communities across Shropshire. Our role is to support people in communities to take control of their lives, and to live in a place where they feel happy and safe, where they can feel a sense of pride and ownership. The approach recognises that there are a considerable number of ‘assets’ within a community: public and community buildings, land, voluntary and community organisations, finance, and people with skills and expertise. Working collaboratively to maximise the use of these assets will lead to better outcomes for individuals and communities.
We work with voluntary sector organisations and partnerships, including a range of community groups, new and existing social enterprises and parish, town and Shropshire-elected councillors.
Our work encompasses a range of activities, including:
- Working collaboratively and in partnership with local Shropshire Council members, town and parish councils and local organisations and individuals to provide better outcomes in communities. We call this 'locality commissioning'
- Providing support to local joint committees to develop local priorities based on local need and community consultation
- Supporting town and parish councils and other partners in the development of their local plans, including place plans, town and parish plans etc
- Supporting communities to use the new community rights such as the Community Right to Challenge and Community Right to Bid, and by developing opportunities for community asset transfers
- Supporting the development and delivery of community-led projects that meet local priorities, including grant funding
Get in touch!
Community Enablement team
Telephone: 01743 253077
Office hours: Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm