Fitness and wellbeing
Welcome to our NEW Shropshire Leisure Time fitness and wellbeing page.
Our Shropshire Council Leisure Centres are now open again, take a look at the individual centre pages for details.
Health & Fitness App
We are also excited to announce the launch of our Shropshire Leisure Time App for booking sessions at your local leisure centre. In order to help you learn how to use the app, we have created an online document.
Our instructors, Pam and Lucy, have been working hard to produce some more online classes for you to take part in.
It's important that we all maintain a level of activity for the benefit of our physical and mental wellbeing, so we have put together some links and advice for staying active through these challenging times. Stay safe and make sure you make the most of your daily outdoor activity sessions. Our team has created this information signposting resource to support you and your family to keep as active, healthy and challenged as you can in the current situation.
Exercise classes from our instructors:
Important safety information:
Participation in online exercise classes is undertaken at the risk of the participant and in the full understanding that this is undertaken voluntarily.
Shropshire Council is not responsible or liable for any injury or harm sustained as a result of interaction with live, recorded or stored content contained within, the health and wellbeing pages and or, other Shropshire Council social media channels.
It's your responsibility to ensure that you are fit to exercise, are in good physical condition and have no health concern or injury that would be aggravated or would be the cause of any injury sustained, during or as a result of participating in these online activities either directly or indirectly. You should cease exercise immediately if you feel unwell or experience any discomfort or pain.
It's your responsibility to ensure that your chosen exercise environment is safe and appropriate for the purpose, including:
- There is enough space to perform exercises safely and move freely without obstacles or hazards
- Any equipment you use is safe and in a suitable condition
- There are no distractions
- Your environment is a suitable temperature with good ventilation
- You have water available
Useful Links to NHS external websites:
- NHS fitness videos: A great resource providing simple, easy to understand exercise video with different levels depending on your experience.
- NHS Live Well Exercise website: Many of the home workouts available on here are only 5- 10 minutes and can break up longer periods of being sedentary.
- Get running with ‘Couch to 5K’: Only for people with some conditioning who have checked with a health professional that running is an appropriate activity.
- The Strength and Flex Routine that compliments the Couch to 5km is also a useful tool for improving the all-round fitness of people with no health issues.
- Keeping the Kids Moving: Some excellent resources on this website to keep children active.
* Always follow the guidelines and advice re: participation provided by the NHS Exercise websites.