Shropshire Council

How to request a statutory assessment for an EHCP

Our guidance contains information for educational settings, parent/carers and young people about how to request an EHC needs assessment, as well as outlining what needs to be included with your request.

Education, health and care plans (EHCPs) are issued to children and young people who meet certain criteria. The criteria for an EHCP have been drawn up and agreed by partners working with us. Please refer to the criteria document when submitting a request for EHCP assessment.

Use the following links to find out more about the process and forms specific to you: