Apply for Kickstart placements
The Kickstart Scheme explained
The new £2 billion Kickstart Scheme will create hundreds of thousands of new, fully subsidised jobs for young people across the country. Employers will create six-month placements that will be open to those aged 16-24 who are claiming universal credit.
The scheme is now open and will run until at least December 2021. Placements are fully subsidised by the government, and there is also extra funding to support young people to build their experience and help them move into sustained employment after they've completed their Kickstart-funded job. Specifically, employers will receive funding for 100% of the relevant national minimum wage for 25 hours a week, plus associated employer national insurance contributions and employer minimum auto-enrolment pension contributions.
The scheme is open to any employer in any industry. The placements must be new roles which have been created especially for the scheme, and must not take work away from existing (or planned) employees or contractors. More information for employers can be found from the Kickstart Employer Guide.
Why should you get involved?
Throughout 2021, we'll be offering a range of placements, from administration to mental health befrienders and handyperson assistants to digital skills trainers.
If you're interested in exploring the Kickstart placements available at Shropshire Council and experiencing what it would be like to have a career in the public sector, please ensure that you speak to your DWP work coach.
Available Kickstart placements
All Kickstart vacancies must be new jobs within the organisation. The vacancies we have on offer are unique opportunities not to be missed.
Here are the vacancies currently on offer. The closing date is 26 April 2021 so make sure you speak to your DWP work coach to get your referral and application in before the closing date:
- Triage administration officer – Housing Team
- PPE administration officer – Commissioning and Governance Team in Adult Social Care
- HR/Organisational Development administration assistant – HR/OD Team
- Client property administration officer – Adult Services
- Temporary accommodation trainee – Housing Team
- Asset management assistant – strategy – Asset Management Team
- Administrative assistant – Special Educational Needs (SEN) Team
- Administrative support – Professional Development Team
- Occupational Therapy Team administrative assistant
Data or ICT roles
- Education management system support assistant – Children’s Services
- Asset management assistant – data – Asset Management Team
- Reprographics/IT support assistant – Shropshire Archives Team
Customer services/customer-facing roles
- Work and health trainee support manager – Enable Team
- Customer feedback assistant – Communications and Engagement Team
- Digital skills trainer – Customer Services Team
- Assistant handyperson – Housing Services
- Mental health befrienders – Adults Services
- Work Routes trainee case worker
Financial services roles
- Payments assistant
How to apply
If you've seen a placement you're interested in, please ensure that you have had a conversation with your Job Centre Work Coach before applying. Once you have discussed the post or posts you are going to apply for, please download the application form here.
Complete all sections of the form and submit to email@example.com before the deadline stated on the universal credit system. Once you submit your application, you will get a notification that we have received your application within two working days. If you haven’t received a notification, please telephone us to ensure we have received it. If you need support in filling in the application form, please ask your work coach.
Placements are available across the organisation throughout 2021 so please ensure you check this page regularly to see what’s on offer.
You could also follow Shropshire Council on Facebook or Twitter where we’ll be posting updates about available placements.
If you have any questions about the placements or any issues submitting your application form, please email us or get in contact via telephone on 01743 258521.
If you need any support or advice about applying for a Kickstart Placement, Apprenticeship or Traineeship, contact The Ladder for Shropshire where you can find further support.