Councillors and Decision Making
Welcome to this section where you can access a wide range of information and documents relating to Shropshire Council’s decision making processes. You can also find out about forthcoming Council meetings and decisions and obtain details of your local political representatives.
Information about how we make decisions, how we scrutinise and review them can be found on our decision making page.
Committee meetings, agendas and minutes
Find out what is being discussed in our agendas, minutes and reports section as well as at previous meetings. You can also view our current committee structure (which details all of our committees, their membership and meeting dates) and a calendar of meetings. Information is also provided on issues that will be discussed in future by both full Cabinet and individual Members in our Forward Plan.
Councillors, MPs and MEPs
Councillors are elected to represent local people in the Council’s decision making process. Find details about:
We always welcome comments and questions from the public and there are many ways in which you can get involved:
- Ask the Council a public question at our meetings
- Through our planning application process for individuals, communities or other interested groups
- Submit or sign current petitions on issues of concern to you
- Subscribe to updates in order to receive information via email regarding particular issues and committee meetings
You can also view details of the Council’s representatives on outside bodies and forums that are independent from the Council.
Parish and town councils
There are 153 town and parish councils and approximately 20 parish meetings where no formal local council exists within the Shropshire Council area. Further information about them can be found through the following links:
- Parish and town council websites
- Parish and town council register of interests
- Shropshire Association of Local Councils (SALC)