Estimated Collection Fund Outturn For 2022/2023
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
· Noted the overall Collection Fund estimated surplus of £6.841m for the year ending 31st March 2023, comprised of an estimated surplus of £2.836m for Council Tax and an estimated surplus of £4.005m for Non-Domestic Rates (NDR).
· Noted the estimated surplus/deficit incorporates the final year of the three year phasing of the 2020/21 in year deficit.
· Noted the distribution of the Collection Fund estimated surplus for Council Tax and NDR to the major/relevant precepting authorities and the Secretary of State.
· Noted Shropshire Council’s share of the overall estimated surplus of £4.313m, comprised of an estimated surplus of £2.331m for Council Tax and an estimated surplus of £1.982m for NDR, and how this will be applied to improve the council’s overall financial sustainability and resilience.
· Noted the inclusion of Shropshire Council’s share of the overall estimated surplus for Council Tax and NDR in the 2023/24 budget.
Report author: James Walton
Publication date: 15/02/2023
Date of decision: 15/02/2023
Decided at meeting: 15/02/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 23/02/2023