Our vision is for carers in Shropshire to be recognised and valued for the positive contribution that they make to our community.
Carers throughout Shropshire were invited to a number of different forums and venues across Shropshire to express their views on the current and future services which support them.
The extensive consultation with carers, and organisations supporting family carers, enabled us to develop a multi-agency strategy in partnership with the Primary Care Trust and the voluntary and private agencies which support it.
Shropshire's Carers Strategy 2011 to 2014 now sets out to plan for change and further development of services for family carers in Shropshire.
Aims of the strategy
The aims of this strategy are to:
- decide how we can help to get better lives for families/carers
- discuss how we can re-energise and build upon the work already done
- consider how the new strategy might be operated
- encourage joint working and commitment among all those involved – family carers, service managers, commissioners, practitioners – to improve the outcomes for family carers in Shropshire
- celebrate the successes in supporting family carers to date
A copy of the strategy is attached to this page.
We would like to thank all carers who have contributed to the development of this strategy.