Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Adult social care complaints

The Adult Social Care complaints procedure can be used for anyone who wants to make a complaint about the actions, decisions or apparent failings of our Adult Social Care Services, and to allow any other appropriate person to act on their behalf.

Make a complaint »

Adult Social Care complaints cover all aspects of service delivery relating to adult social care, and are covered by a statutory complaints procedure.

How will my complaint be handled?

Once we've received your complaint, we will contact you to confirm and ask for your agreement on the following items:

  • The details of your complaint - we will make sure that we've included everything, and if there is anything missing you can let us know
  • What you would like to see happen as a result
  • Who you wish to be the main respondent
  • Access any relevant records to investigate your complaint and, if necessary, to share that information with relevant bodies in order to reach a resolution
  • A timeline to respond to your complaint

During the investigation of your complaint, we will endeavour to keep you updated on how the investigation is proceeding. If there is likely to be any delay in responding to you, we will contact you and explain why.

What do I do if I'm not happy with the response to my complaint?

If you're not happy with the response to your complaint, you can contact the statutory complaints officer:

  • phone: 01743 256188
  • email:

The statutory complaints officer can request that a manager independent of the service, but with knowledge of the area being complained about, review the response to you, and ensure that all points have been addressed and that the responses given are full, fair and reasonable.

Local Government Ombudsman

If you want to take your complaint further you can contact theĀ Local Government Ombudsman. Follow the link on this page for more information.

The council is legally bound to comply with the procedure.

If you need to make a complaint under this procedure please refer to the following links on this page.

Find out more about complaints relating to adult social care services.

Online services and downloads

Related information

Last updated: 01 March 2017 Print this page

Back to top