Shropshire Council website

This is the website of Shropshire Council

Contact information



0345 678 9000

Postal Address

Shropshire Council
Abbey Foregate

Top tasks



Children and young people's complaints

Have you had cause to be dissatisfied with the service you've received from our Children and Young People's teams?

Make a complaint »

If you want to raise an issue relating to Shropshire Council Children’s Services, there are a few things you can do:

  • Speak to your teacher
  • Speak to your carer
  • Speak to your social worker
  • Speak to anyone you trust who you think can help you

If you have already done this and you are still not happy you can make a complaint.

Complaints procedure

If you are not satisfied with the response at stage 1(above), you can request to progress to stage 2.

You have up to 28 days after receipt of the stage 1 response to make a request.

A stage 2 investigation is arranged and overseen by the senior complaints officer who is independent of the service area being complained about.

The stage 2 investigation will be undertaken by an independent  external investigator, and an independent person will be assigned to the investigation to ensure that the complaint is thoroughly and fairly investigated.

The investigation will normally take 25 working days, but can be extended up to a total of 65 working days if taking longer than expected due to the complexity of the complaint, or absences of key members of staff. 

Related information

Last updated: 28 April 2016 Print this page

Back to top