What we do
Children’s Centres in Shropshire aim to improve outcomes for families by bringing together services such as:
- information and advice
- local activities
- drop-in and 'stay and play' sessions
- breastfeeding support
- support relating to jobs, training and money
- support with transition into childcare and school
- family support
- support for children with additional needs
- parenting advice and programmes
Centres are available across Shropshire, based in the community, working with all families in different ways.
A variety of organisations work in partnership with us, including health, pre-school, schools, multi-agency teams, social care and voluntary agencies to build on existing services.
We will work together to develop new services for you and your community.
We link with and provide many services that you might find useful. These include:
- support and guidance on family health and child health, eg healthy eating, active lifestyles, breastfeeding, safety at home
- home visits offering 1:1 help, advice and support on a range of topics
- fun experiences for young children
For information and advice about family life telephone Shropshire Family Information Service on 01743 254400.
All sessions offered follow the Early Years Foundation Stage.