How to report a fly-tipping problem
- Complete the report form (follow the link on this page)
- Contact the Environment Agency's fly-tipping hotline number: 0800 807060
- Contact Crimestoppers: 0800 555 111
What is fly-tipping
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of any waste or rubbish anywhere other than at a licensed tip.
What information can you provide
- Where the incident took place. Please give as much information as possible to enable us to find the location
- Date, day and time that the fly-tipping took place
- A description of what was tipped and the quantity for instance household items, gas canisters or broken glass.
- What happened - how many people were involved, what did they look like, what did they do, was a vehicle involved? If so, what were the vehicle details?
- Did anyone else witness the fly-tipping? If so who? (Witnesses may be asked to appear in court.)
Why is fly-tipping a problem?
- As council tax payers, cleaning up fly-tipping costs us all money
- It is dangerous and potentially harmful to you and your family's health
- It spoils our enjoyment of the environment
- It can cause serious pollution to the environment
- It attracts arson and further fly-tipping
- It can be dangerous for wildlife
For information on fly tipping legislation follow the link on this page.Last updated 26 June 2012 Print this page