Revised waste collections - late May bank holiday
Due to the forthcoming bank holiday collections will be one day late w/c 25 May 2020.
Winter opening hours
(1 October - 31 March)
- Tuesday to Saturday 10am – 4pm
- Sunday 11am – 3pm
- Monday - closed
Summer opening hours
(1 April - 30 September)
- Monday to Saturday - 10am to 4pm,
- Sunday - 11am to 3pm (museum last entry at 3pm)
Information and services
There's a wide variety of information available on the town, its attractions and places to visit in the area. The staff are always happy to answer questions about the town, the local area and much more, including:
- Attractions and places of interest
- Activities such as riding and quad biking
- Accommodation - a bed-booking service operates for accommodation both in the local area and throughout the country
- Transport information - for bus and rail travel
- Information on local churches - opening times and service times
- Shops, restaurants, pubs, local businesses
- Estate agents and information about the local area for people thinking of relocating
- Detailed information for anyone thinking of starting up a B&B or self-catering accommodation
- On sale in the shop - guide books, OS maps, souvenirs and gifts, including mugs, t-shirts and much more
- Sale of various event tickets, eg Shrewsbury Winter Festival, Shropshire County Showground Bonfire and Fireworks, Shrewsbury Food Festival and lots more
- Sale/supply Friends of the Museum talk/event tickets and bookings for Shrewsbury Museum and Art Gallery, Shropshire Archives and Ludlow Museum Resource Centre education courses
- Stockist of books and handmade pieces by local authors and makers
We have a range of information that we can email out to customers. If you're looking for something specific, whether it's maps, accommodation lists, lists on various subject including dance classes, places to exhibit your commercial art work, coeliac-friendly places to eat and more, why not email us using the address at the bottom of the page.
Between April and October we run daily guided walks from the VIC at 2pm. These walks take in the history and the buildings of the town, and last an hour and a half. They're suitable for all ages and abilities, and cost £7.50 (£6 when booked in advance) for adults and £2.50 for children. Tickets are available from the VIC, which is based at The Music Hall in the Square, and is also the starting point for each walk.
We also run a number of specialist guided walks throughout the year. Find out more from our Guided Tours of Shrewsbury pages.
Follow us on social media
Register for email updates
By signing up to our update service, you'll be first to find out about new events, product lines, ticket information and more!